Monday, October 30, 2006

Here I sit @ MediaTech, a non-profit foundation located in Flemington, NJ. It's located above the Flemington Free Library, in Flemington, NJ.

The room is filled with people of all ages. Tweens, teens, & adults.

A volunteer sits at the registration desk, and takes my personal information. She uses a webcam to record my photo, and issue a card so I may borrow sw titles. Two at a time may be borrowed.

Free access to the internet is available, as well as, a library of thousands of sw titles. There are also learning toys by Fisher-Price, LeapPad/Frog,

Some teens are doing research/homework. The adults are perusing the internet, while the tweens are playing video games. There is bantering between the players, but they are playing different games.

Everyone is low key, and cooperating. There are few rules, but therre is a no bullying code.
It's a very interesting environment with the mix of ages.

I am waiting for my Tech TALK class to start @ 5:30 p.m. Thus far, I am the only one here, so it may be a tutorial!

No comments: